About Social Enterprise Greenhouse
Social Enterprise Greenhouse (SEG) accelerates impact by providing inclusive support and networks for entrepreneurs and businesses committed to positive societal and economic change. SEG fosters an ecosystem of diverse stakeholders who work to enable a more just, equitable, and resilient economy. SEG is based in Providence Rhode Island and operates statewide, virtually, and from sites in Providence, Newport, and Pawtucket/Central Falls.
About the Position
Are you a creative story teller and detail-oriented planner that enjoys writing and visual design? Join our team for an exciting opportunity to help elevate and share inspirational stories of entrepreneurs and organizations making an impact.
This position will report to the Director of Strategic Initiatives and work closely with the communications team to lead and support digital media and content projects for SEG. Responsibilities include managing communication channels such as social media platforms, website, writing copy for monthly newsletters and ensuring brand alignment by publishing content and marketing materials. Specifically, the Communications Manager will:
- Support development of editorial calendar and implement long-term and project-based communications strategies and campaigns
- Develop and produce content to engage audiences and key stakeholders across appropriate channels, including drafting copy and designing graphics for digital and print media
- Promote new content and calls-to-action across channels and position content to target different segments
- Collect, organize and share high quality communications assets and content including impact stories, exciting progress from program participants, photos, testimonials, relevant events and resources, etc.
- Capture and analyze data around engagement across SEG’s communications platforms
- Ensure equity and inclusion principles are infused in all aspects of communications and in working relationships
- 3+ years experience in communications strategy, copywriting, or other applicable fields
- Experience publishing content on WordPress and experience with the following: G Suite, Mailchimp, social media platforms, Feedly, Adobe, Canva, or other related platforms
- Knowledge of and experience with best practices for writing and publishing on different communication platforms (especially Facebook and Instagram)
- Strong communicator, have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative and strategic thinker with the ability to make independent decisions in a changing environment
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Able to work in a dynamic environment
- Fluency in both English and Spanish strongly preferred
This position is full-time starting as soon as possible, working remotely is available with the expectation of occasional in-person attendance
Starting Salary Range: $50,000 - $60,000 based on experience.
Benefits: Healthcare, Simple IRA matching, long term disability, paid vacation and sick time, professional development and training opportunities, and more
How to apply:
Please use the link below to complete the application including the submission of a resume and 1-page cover letter as .pdf attachments. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.