Community Outreach and Communications VISTA
About Social Enterprise Greenhouse
Based in Providence, Rhode Island, Social Enterprise Greenhouse (SEG) helps grow businesses that change lives, harnessing the creative energy of its entrepreneurs to cultivate high-impact, purpose-driven, and financially sustainable businesses. SEG also fosters an ecosystem of diverse stakeholders who work to enable a more just, equitable and resilient economy. Our rapidly growing and highly committed team offers a comprehensive menu of services including:
- Business development services including workshops, an Incubator program, an Accelerator program, and later stage customized strategy support;
- The SEG Hub, a coworking and community space;
- A loan fund and accompanying technical assistance;
- A Talent Matchmaking program to engage students in learning about and supporting social enterprises.
About Americorps VISTA
SEG’s AmeriCorps VISTA Fellowship is a full-time, post-graduate service and fellowship opportunity hosted through the Swearer Center at Brown University. VISTA fellows are matched with a local non-profit to build capacity in agencies fighting poverty. The fellowship provides high-impact professional development and training that enhances VISTA Fellows’ personal and professional skills to advance their careers. Trainings cover data analysis, community organizing, volunteer management, grant writing, fundraising, project management and other capacity-building roles VISTA members typically perform.
Benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Biweekly Living Allowance
- End-of-Service Award
- Healthcare Benefit
- Childcare if eligible
- Travel allowance
- Reduction of Education Costs
- Professional Development
- Non-Competitive Eligibility (NCE) Status
About the Position
Under the supervision of the Program Director and Communications Director, this VISTA will work with SEG staff to increase scale and reach in communities in and around Providence to our target audience: those from under-served, marginalized populations in order to support poverty alleviation through social enterprise. The VISTA will also partner with other sites to support the launch of new programming in Providence to improve the effectiveness of SEG’s mission and ensure awareness and engagement with communities. Spanish fluency is preferred, and SEG’s interview may include a Spanish language portion.
This position will be accountable for the following goals:
- Developing outreach plan to broaden SEG’s reach among community-based organizations and stakeholders in new communities including Spanish-speaking communities.
- Developing new resources and materials for external and internal communications and programs
- Building relationships, awareness and partnerships with relevant community organizations and underserved neighborhoods.
- Supporting all SEG social media and promotion efforts (English and Spanish ideally)
- Adapting SEG’s programs and services to the opportunities and needs of underserved communities based on community outreach
- Supporting all components of launch of new programming in Providence including recruitment, volunteer management, and program delivery (English and Spanish ideally).
- Building pipeline of new participants and program volunteers
- Incorporating principles of equity and inclusion in all efforts
Eligible candidates for the Brown University AmeriCorps VISTA Fellowship will be:
● A U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident
● At least 18 years old
● A high school school graduate (diploma or GED)
- Experience working with a nonprofit
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Responsible and reliable
- Able to work in a dynamic environment
- Spanish fluency preferred but not required
How to apply:
Applications are rolling, so apply now via the link below!
*Please indicate in the “interests” section that you are interested in the specific SEG position.
For more information and to apply please visit swearer.brown.edu/vista
Contact: Nadia Amaghou, Program Manager, Community Partnership: email@example.com or (401) 863-1024