About Social Enterprise Greenhouse
Based in Providence, Rhode Island, Social Enterprise Greenhouse (SEG) provides the networks, knowledge, and resources to help people launch and grow inclusive, positively impactful businesses and organizations by offering a broad range of services including:
- Training programs to help people and businesses from ideation to scale
- Business advising, peer support, workshops, a loan fund and more
- The SEG Hub, a coworking and community space
We are committed to creating and growing inclusive entrepreneurial ecosystems that foster just, equitable and resilient communities. Our team is passionate about our mission as well as supporting an inclusive, collaborative, and fun environment where we can work together to serve people trying to use business and entrepreneurship to create positive impact for themselves, their communities, and the world.
About the Position
We seek a friendly, enthusiastic, and reliable operations lover who will oversee our Hub coworking facility and community while supporting SEG’s office needs. This position is on-site, based in Providence, Rhode Island.
This position will be accountable for the following goals:
- Ensuring Hub facility is clean, ordered, and well-stocked with all equipment and meeting spaces functional for use by coworkers and community members
- Assisting with the SEG office system and technology needs
- Lead membership management to ensure full occupancy of coworking space
- Ensuring high Hub member satisfaction while fostering a sense of community
- Creating an inclusive and welcoming space for all community members and incorporating equity and inclusion in all efforts
About the Hub
The Hub is an exciting, collaborative coworking space that provides a supportive environment for people and businesses to collaborate and grow alongside other mission oriented people and organizations. The Hub is also the central office for Social Enterprise Greenhouse. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic our first priority has been supporting the health and wellness of our community and we have limited and adjusted services and amenities throughout the pandemic in line with public health guidance. The Hub has begun reopening and reducing restrictions for coworking members, and we will continue to monitor and follow public health guidance in the best interest of our team and community.
Hub Facility Operations & Maintenance
- Conducting Hub opening and closing, managing supply and inventory, to ensure a clean, well furnished facility
- Maintaining relationships with vendors and community partners (eg. building management and cleaning service providers)
- Managing technology, ensuring it’s functioning properly, troubleshooting when needed (wifi network, conference equipment, printing, security, etc.)
Hub Coworking Membership Management and Community Engagement
- Ensure equity and inclusion principles are infused in all aspects of the Hub space
- Lead new member orientation, respond to member inquiries and concerns, lead member communications and cover the Hub desk
- Manage Hub event and room rentals, including intake, scheduling, and maintaining excellent rental condition and service
SEG Office and Systems Management
- Support SEG systems and equipment including computers, printers, network
- Maintain Hub information systems including membership tracking
Core Skills & Capacities
Experience: 2+ years demonstrated success in office administration, facility management, hospitality, and/or retail;
Commitment to Equity: Demonstrates an ongoing commitment to viewing their work through an equity lens and finding and supporting opportunities to address issues of structural racism and inequity through their work
Execution: Passionate about and excellent aptitude for getting things done.
Organization and Planning: Plans and organizes in an efficient, productive manner.
Prioritization: Can prioritize multiple requests and manage time well.
Customer orientation: Able and willing to find out what the customer wants and needs and to act accordingly, taking the organization’s costs and benefits into account.
Relationship Builder: Able to build relationships and trust with a wide range of people.
Detail-Orientation: Sweats the small stuff and doesn’t let important details fall through the cracks.
Manages Up: Exhibits grace and good judgment in anticipating manager’s needs. Continuously turns goals into action plans, confirms and reconfirms with manager, then executes.
Initiative: Able to identify what needs to be done and do it before being asked or before the situation requires it.
Strongly preferred, but not required: Fluency in Spanish.
This position is full-time starting as soon as possible.
Starting Salary Range: $40,000 - $42,000 based on experience.
Benefits: Healthcare, SIMPLE IRA matching, long term disability, paid vacation.
How to apply:
Please use the link below to complete the application including the submission of a resume and 1-page cover letter as .pdf attachments.
Deadline to apply is Monday, July 26th.