Metrics and Development VISTA
About Social Enterprise Greenhouse
Based in Providence, Rhode Island, Social Enterprise Greenhouse (SEG) helps grow businesses that change lives, harnessing the creative energy of its entrepreneurs to cultivate high-impact, purpose-driven, and financially sustainable businesses. SEG also fosters an ecosystem of diverse stakeholders who work to enable a more just, equitable and resilient economy. Our rapidly growing and highly committed team offers a comprehensive menu of services including:
- Business development services including workshops, an Incubator program, an Accelerator program, and later stage customized strategy support;
- The SEG Hub, a coworking and community space;
- A loan fund and accompanying technical assistance;
- A Talent Matchmaking program to engage students in learning about and supporting social enterprises.
About Americorps VISTA
SEG’s AmeriCorps VISTA Fellowship is a full-time, post-graduate service and fellowship opportunity hosted through the Swearer Center at Brown University. VISTA fellows are matched with a local non-profit to build capacity in agencies fighting poverty. The fellowship provides high-impact professional development and training that enhances VISTA Fellows’ personal and professional skills to advance their careers. Trainings cover data analysis, community organizing, volunteer management, grant writing, fundraising, project management and other capacity-building roles VISTA members typically perform.
Benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Biweekly Living Allowance
- End-of-Service Award
- Healthcare Benefit
- Childcare if eligible
- Travel allowance
- Reduction of Education Costs
- Professional Development
- Non-Competitive Eligibility (NCE) Status
About the Position
Under the supervision of the Systems and Development Manager, this VISTA will analyze and understand effective engagement with entrepreneurs, volunteers and stakeholders by supporting development of data collection and management systems for the organization's operations and programs and ensure effective engagement of the target audience, and achievement of organizational impact measures. The VISTA will also support SEG’s development efforts with grant research, tracking, and management.
This position will be accountable for the following goals:
- Developing data management best practices around grant and impact reporting
- Facilitate data collection and reporting across programs and staff, developing systems of organization and monitoring
- Work with each member to determine gaps in onboarding and training around technology systems – including Salesforce and Form Assembly.
- Deliver trainings on technology and data collection with supervisor to ensure uniform data management practices across staff.
- Develop guide for Salesforce and Form Assembly systems to establish internal knowledge base and for SEG staff.
- Support development and grant writing efforts by researching prospects, supporting admin systems for development and tracking development and grant data.
- Support communications and administrative tasks such as creating tax receipts, assisting with campaigns, developing outreach lists.
- Incorporating principles of equity and inclusion in all efforts
Eligible candidates for the Brown University AmeriCorps VISTA Fellowship will be:
● A U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident
● At least 18 years old
● A high school school graduate (diploma or GED)
● Experience working with a nonprofit
● Detail-oriented and
● Strong computer skills -- familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM’s a plus
● Responsible and reliable
● Able to work in a dynamic environment
How to apply:
Applications are rolling, so apply now via the link below!
*Please indicate in the “interests” section that you are interested in the specific SEG position.
For more information and to apply please visit swearer.brown.edu/vista
Contact: Nadia Amaghou, Program Manager, Community Partnership: firstname.lastname@example.org or (401) 863-1024