Senior Grants Manager
About Social Enterprise Greenhouse
Based in Providence, Rhode Island, Social Enterprise Greenhouse (SEG) provides the networks, knowledge, and resources to help people launch and grow positively impactful businesses and organizations by offering a broad range of services. We are committed to creating and growing inclusive entrepreneurial ecosystems that foster just, equitable and resilient communities.
About the Position
We seek a proactive and detail-oriented individual who has demonstrated success in grant writing and management. This position will help to secure and manage grant funding that will accelerate impact for entrepreneurs and businesses committed to positive societal and economic change. The position will report to the Senior Director of Strategy and Business Development.
Your primary responsibilities
Grant Writing and Proposal Development
- Research and identify potential funding and partnership opportunities
- Lead writing on grant proposals and reports
- Lead the process to track, prepare and submit grant proposals, collaborating with other team members as needed
Grant Management and Reporting
- Manage the development and timely submission of reports to grantors to meet all requirements regarding grant activity including required supporting documentation
- For grants and awards that include subrecipients, collaborate and develop strong working relationships with partner organizations
- Manage implementation of systems and processes for federally funded projects including for collecting and tracking data and progress for SEG and subrecipients
- Serve as a point of contact for grantor and for subrecipients to ensure reporting and compliance requirements are met
- Review assigned contracts and support grant compliance for government awards
- Identify potential areas of compliance risk and work with team to resolve them
Develop Processes & Systems
- Establish and institutionalize internal systems, especially for new grants and awards, including developing reporting templates, subrecipient agreements, and processes for monitoring and analysis
- Provide training to SEG staff and partners on grant compliance and assist them to meet requirements regarding grant activity, accounting, reimbursements, and reporting
Core Skills & Capacities
- Experience: Demonstrated success in relevant grants and contracts, including grant writing, grant management, report writing and experience creating and operating internal systems.
- Systems: Strong computer skill including with Microsoft Office or Google Suite (Documents, Sheets, etc.). Experience with CRM and information management systems (ie. Salesforce) strongly preferred.
- Execution: Passionate about and excellent aptitude for getting things done. Able to step in proactively and make progress where others are not.
- Organization and Planning: Plans and organizes in an efficient, productive manner.
- Detail-Orientation: Sweats the small stuff. Does not let important details fall through the cracks.
- Problem-solver: Easily assesses complex challenges and takes timely action to resolve.
- Collaborative: Looks beyond individual goals to support overall work of the organization or coalition. Able to work with all personalities.
- Passion for supporting a more inclusive entrepreneurial ecosystem in Rhode Island.
- Commitment to Addressing Issues of Equity: Demonstrates an active commitment to viewing our work through an equity lens.
Preferred, but not required: Fluency in Spanish
This position is full-time starting as soon as possible.
Hybrid work optional but ongoing on-site meetings and work will be required.
Starting Salary Range: $55,000 or higher based on experience.
Benefits: Healthcare including vision and dental, Simple IRA matching, long term disability, life insurance, paid vacation and sick time, professional development and training opportunities (including budget and time allocated for your professional development), and remote work options.
How to apply:
Please follow this link to complete the application including the submission of a resume and 1-page cover letter as .pdf attachments. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the deadline to apply is Monday, September 26th.