The members of our Incubator program for Spanish-speaking entrepreneurs gathered together online on March 25 to introduce their businesses and celebrate graduation night! We’re excited about the wonderful businesses they are launching to address community needs and to make Rhode Island better for everyone. Their businesses will:
- Provide a 24-hour childcare center for Latino parents
- Open a family-oriented restaurant specializing in Mexican and Latino food
- Create two new cleaning services
- Replace plastic bags with an eco-friendly material to create a cleaner planet for future generations
- Open a new bakery to bring Puerto Rican flavors to customers
- Start a Dominican restaurant
- Expand an event store that specializes in expert floral design
- Offer services in holistic alternative medicine
- Sell smoothies, fruit, and chocolate in beautiful Mexican mugs
- Launch a new bookstore
Thank you to our event guest speaker Adriana Lawson, Community Engagement Director at Verizon, for her inspiring words and for recognizing our entrepreneurs for their hard work and determination. Thank you also to SEG experts Moriah Garcia Nelson, Claudia Cardozo, Manuel Batlle, and Ilhiana Rojas for guiding our cohort of entrepreneurs through 5 weeks of workshops as they created business plans, fine-tuned their marketing approaches, and analyzed their finances.
Congrats to Gabriela, Jalime, Margaret, Agueda, Ana, Lilian, Francisca, Yanira, Silvia, Adan, and Sara – y bienvenido a la familia SEG!