Providence, R.I. (April 28, 2021) – Social Enterprise Greenhouse (SEG) announced today that 19 social ventures have been selected to participate in its Spring 2021 Impact Accelerator program. The purpose of SEG’s Impact Accelerator is to stimulate innovation and help entrepreneurs who have launched “do well, do good” businesses develop strategies for growth and sustainability.
The Impact Accelerator offers participants a customized curriculum, peer learning, and access to the entire SEG social impact ecosystem, including a network of experts who help entrepreneurs determine how to grow their businesses in Rhode Island and beyond. The three-month program is being conducted virtually using the Zoom platform and culminates with a Pitch Night on July 14, 2021. A total of 205 social ventures have graduated from SEG’s Accelerator programs since 2010.
SEG’s Spring 2021 Impact Accelerator is funded by the Rhode Island Department of Labor and Training’s Back to Work RI Initiative, U.S. Economic Development Administration, Rhode Island Foundation, Newman’s Own Foundation, van Beuren Charitable Foundation, EJMP Fund for Philanthropy, Island Foundation, and Citizens Bank.
Participants chosen for SEG’s Spring 2021 Impact Accelerator are as follows:
- ArmHug is an in-home healthcare supply company that delivers one-of-kind kits enabling mobile phlebotomists to collect blood samples twice as fast and with higher quality. Hennesys Disla of Brooklyn, N.Y.
- AskPortia.ai delivers personalized daily nutrition guidance to help millennials who love multicultural, traditional foods and are at risk for overweight or obesity make consistently smarter eating and snacking decisions with confidence while not sacrificing flavor or fun. Ann-Marie Stephens and Ed Stephens of Norfolk, Va.
- Beat the Streets New England (BTSNE) utilizes the sport of wrestling to provide opportunities for youth to discover their full potential by building relationships with themselves, their team, and their community. The organization is uniting wrestling and building a sustainable foundation for youth to grow all over New England – from Boston and Providence to Hartford, Worcester, Springfield, and beyond. Maxwell LeMay of Attleboro, Mass., and Bior Guigni of Boston, Mass.
- Bliss Bites offers lovingly crafted delicious plant-based protein bites and elixirs created in a certified home kitchen. The company was created in 2019 with a vision to inspire adventurous and joyful eating with nourishing vegan ingredients. Erina McWilliam-Lopez of Gloucester, Mass.
- Bloom Back Flowers is a Providence-based events, funeral, wedding, and everyday florist, curating flower designs with unique stems bursting with personality and gifting back flower designs to individuals in need who are experiencing major life events. Angela Rotondo of Johnston, R.I.
- Book Summer is an online program designed to match enthusiastic and highly skilled moderators to tweens and teens leveraging easy to use and fun online tools to create (or re-start) a joy for reading. Scott Schroeder of Warren, R.I.
- The Community Compost Depot, Inc. empowers communities to manage their organic resources for the benefit of the people, the economy and the local environment. Michael Bradlee of Providence, R.I.
- Conexión Latina Newport has a mission to educate, inform, mobilize, and advocate for all Hispanics in Newport, R.I., and to advise and partner with social services, education, and government agencies on how to best meet the needs of Newport’s Hispanic community. Rebekah Gomez of Jamestown, R.I., and Yolanda Macías of Newport, R.I.
- DouBaby Essentials LLC is a platform that celebrates, empowers, and equips pregnant (and new) moms, preparing them with virtual birth and new parent classes and a range of other solutions. Debra Jonfelix of Providence, R.I.
- Embodied Liberation Institute (ELI) is a global education program which offers online and in-person training for healing arts practitioners. ELI offers integral learning experiences which anchors client healing within relational, embodied, trauma-informed, liberatory and emergent practices. Sage Hayes of Cranston, R.I.
- Gather Together United As 1 is a charitable and educational nonprofit organization geared toward unsheltered and at-risk men and women that aims to create a safe, supportive, resourceful, and transparent space to equip individuals and families with the necessary skills and tools to improve their socioeconomic status. Alexandrea Gonzalez of Providence, R.I.
- The Healthy Qrew is a society for people of African descent focused on redeeming the power of the African narrative. We do this through spiritual care, education, leadership, and community building. Jillian Quainoo of Saunderstown, R.I.
- The Hire is a Providence-based, people-first, talent acquisition partner. We envision a workplace free of stigma, where individuals have access to the ongoing support and resources they need to thrive in their careers. Erin Pavane of Providence, R.I.
- How We Juicing? provides accessible and affordable healthy food options to communities that are normally underserved or that do not have access to healthy food nearby. Sophonie LaFortune of Providence, R.I.
- La Vie En Rose Bakery and Café is a new vegan French bakery café located in Newport with the goal of bringing community together, including vegans, vegetarians, and those who are gluten-free. Vanessa Theodore of Cranston, R.I.
- Master Money with Jennifer Sahady is a financial consulting company providing the friendly face in financial empowerment and working with professional groups, businesses, universities, schools, couples, and individuals. Jennifer Sahady of North Attleboro, Mass.
- My Sister’s Sarong is a loungewear retail company with a mission is to share the Southeast Asian loungewear staple, the sarong, and reintroduce the public to how the sarong can fit in their everyday lives. By doing so they hope to support teachers and women and encourage the healing of Asian American and Pacific Islander relationships within communities. Maura Iv of Providence, R.I.
- Project Pasta is a plant-based and allergen free, fresh pasta company geared to addressing agriculture and environmental concerns as well as inspiring youth to preserve and modernize global food traditions. Jamie Freda of Warren, R.I.
- PR with Heart® is a mission-driven and socially conscious approach to public relations. Our boutique, bilingual communications consultancy works with you from a place of excitement, passion, and a genuine desire to make the world a better place. Tanya Rivas of Providence, R.I.
About Social Enterprise Greenhouse
Social Enterprise Greenhouse creates positive social and economic impact by providing social entrepreneurs and enterprises with the tools and networks they need to thrive. We also foster an ecosystem of diverse stakeholders who work to enable a more just, equitable, and resilient economy. SEG operates statewide in Rhode Island from four programming sites in Providence, Newport, and Pawtucket/Central Falls. Our network of 600+ enterprises and 250+ business and community leaders contributes time, expertise, and funding to grow Rhode Island’s social impact ecosystem. To learn more, visit www.segreenhouse.org.